Have a question? Contact our experts today on:
1st Line Support Analyst- Reading
Have you gained experience within an IT Support role/ IT Helpdesk/ Technical Support or 1st Line Support role? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as 1st Line Support Analyst at ESP Global Services could be the next role for you.
What does the role of 1st Line Support Analyst involve?
You will work as part of the ESP Global Services team to log all customer incidents and tickets accurately, and provide fault diagnosis and call vetting, to successfully resolve as many issues on a first time fix basis.
* Receive and log customer tickets via ServiceNow, tickets will be received via phone, email and self-service portal.
* Identify the correct priority and SLA (and category where required) and capture a full detailed description of the issue.
* Carry out fault diagnosis to provide first time/line fixes
* Where a ticket cannot be resolved on a first-line fix basis, ensure that it is assigned to and accepted by either 2nd Line Analyst Support or the correct resolution group
* Own tickets and ensure the customer or user is kept fully updated throughout its lifecycle
* Maintain a high level of customer service always to provide an excellent customer service experience
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Previous experience of working within a support role within IT
* You will be a confident communicator
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent customer service skills
* A good understanding of IT networks & IT Fundamentals
* CompTIA A+ and/ or MCP accreditation- is ideal but not essential for your application to be considered
* Strong user knowledge of MS Office Products
* Methodical and logical approach to problem solving
4 days on shift followed by 4 days’ rest. (Shifts run Monday - Sunday)
Shift times will either be 0700- 1900 or 1900- 0700, shifts run in blocks of 4.
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for over 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are headquartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs across the globe. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.