Have a question? Contact our experts today on:
Airport Engineer- Newcastle Airport
Have you gained experience within an IT Technician role/ IT Support role? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as IT Engineer at ESP Global Services based onsite at Newcastle Airport could be the next role for you.
What does the role of Onsite IT Support Engineer involve?
You will work as part of the ESP Global Services team to provide on-site support for all components of the airport passenger processing system within agreed contractual service level agreements at Newcastle Airport. We pride ourselves on our customer service, you will ensure a consistent and high level of customer service is provided to the customer first time every time whilst continuing to build relationships with all key stakeholders and departmental areas.
* Carry out regular routine and preventative maintenance as well as "floor-walking" on the range of IT equipment that is used to process passengers within the airport
* Respond to all customer incidents and service requests passed across by the Global Service Desk and work to agreed SLAs
* Maintain a high level of communication at all time with both colleagues and provide timely updates to the Global Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required
* Identify any spares required and advise the Global Service Desk accordingly to ensure that the customer incident can be updated accordingly
Please note- as the role is based on site at an airport, upon job offer it is necessary for ESP to carry out background checks which include; 5 year working history background check and confirmation that individual has resided consistently in the *UK* for 5 years. Please only apply if the above is feasible.
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Previous experience of working ‘hands on’ within IT
* Understanding of Microsoft 2017
* You will be a confident communicator
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software and Operating Systems
* An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
* Previous IT Support experience
* Full Driving License
* 3 days on shift followed by 3 days’ rest. (Shifts run Monday - Sunday)
* Shift times will be 0400 – 1600 & 0700 - 1900
Interested? Please apply today for a quick response.
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for over 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are headquartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs across the globe. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.