Have a question? Contact our experts today on:
Airport Technician- Gatwick
Have you gained experience within an IT Technician role/ IT Support role? Are you now looking for your next challenge? If so the role as IT Engineer at ESP Global Services based onsite at Gatwick Airport could be the next role for you.
What does the role of Airport Technician involve?
You will work as part of the ESP Global Services team to provide on-site support for all components of the airport passenger processing system within agreed contractual service level agreements at Gatwick Airport. We pride ourselves on our customer service, you will ensure a consistent and high level of customer service is provided to the customer first time every time whilst continuing to build relationships with all key stakeholders and departmental areas.
* Carry out regular routine and preventative maintenance as well as "floor-walking" on a range of IT equipment that is used to process passengers within the airport environment.
* Respond to all customer incidents and service requests passed and work to the agreed service levels.
* Maintain a high level of communication at all times with colleagues and provide timely updates so that progress against each individual incident is updated as required
* Identify and fit any spares required to repair IT equipment to ensure that the customer incident meet service levels.
What Competencies/ previous experience do you need to have to be considered?
* Previous experience of working ‘hands on’ within a fast pace IT environment with knowledge of printers an advantage
* You will be a confident customer facing communicator
* Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
* Excellent customer service skills
*Good Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software (Windows 7, Windows 10 and Office 365)
* A basic understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations, ideally have a CompTIA A+ certification or studying towards.
* Full UK Driving License
Please note- as the role is based on site at an airport, upon job offer it is necessary for ESP to carry out background checks which include; 5 year working history background check and confirmation that individual has resided consistently in the UK for 5 years. Please only apply if the above is feasible.
4 days on shift followed by 4 days’ rest. (Shifts run Monday - Sunday)
Shift times will either be 0400- 1600, 1600- 0400, 0600- 1800, or 1800- 0600. (Same time shifts applied in rotational blocks of 4 shifts in a row followed by 4 days rest in a row)
ESP is trusted by global organisations to deliver tailored IT support and infrastructure solutions around the world, 24/7. We have added value to our customers for over 25 years by listening to their needs and proactively delivering the service they want, wherever in the world that might be. We are headquartered in Reading, with staff in most of the major UK airports and regional Service Delivery hubs across the globe. Our customers include many household brand names such as easyJet, Avis, Marie Curie, Wipro, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
We are looking for vibrant, enthusiastic individuals with a can do attitude who can join our team. ESP offers a dynamic environment, a strong sense of fun and a commitment to career progression from within, all of which help us to deliver our outstanding services to our global clients.