VP of Sales - USA
ESP Global Services are currently recruiting a VP of Sales focussed on IT Support Services within the Aviation and Airport sector in the US . We are a global managed service provider of IT support and infrastructure solutions and support our many and varied Airport and Airline clients on a 24/7 basis.
This is an exciting opportunity: the successful candidate will oversee and manage the Aviation Strategy within the US delivering excellent sales performance and maximising business opportunities to ensure annual revenue targets are achieved and exceeded.
To be successful as a VP of sales, you should have great leadership skills and the ability to drive company success. Ultimately, you should have an in-depth knowledge of the Aviation market and competitive products and have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
The VP of Sales works with key stakeholders (both internally and externally to ESP) to develop and implement winning strategies to secure long term maintenance contracts with aviation customers around the globe.
A snapshot of what you will be doing:
- Working with the Sales Director, Head of Aviation Sales and the Director of Aviation Services, contribute to ESP’s Aviation Services business strategy for growth in the US, including focusing on the expansion of ESP’s footprint across new aviation customers, Integrators, OEM manufactures and airports.
- Achieve or exceed the forecast revenue growth and gross profit targets for Services and products delivered in the US, in line with the agreed business plan / budget.
- Working closely with the Head of Aviation Sales and the Sales Team and in partnership with operational teams across the business, ensure that competitive and cost-effective bids are delivered which are aligned to the business strategy
- Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships across the US Aviation industry, identifying new potential / existing customer operational requirements and contract renewal timeframes and potential sales opportunities
- Continuously promote and present ESP’s vision / capabilities in the US Aviation market to ensure that ESP is well regarded and positioned to secure future new business across the sector
- Gather market intelligence on ESP’s competitors (e.g. services, products and resources provided to the customer) to enable ESP to identify and respond to future opportunities
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Aviation Services Leadership Team, Service Delivery Managers and Airport Site Managers to ensure appropriate and relevant operational expertise and advice on any new sales opportunities is included and compelling, competitive and operationally robust bids are produced for all new and renewal business opportunities
- Working closely with the Head of Aviation Sales, manage the bid process for all Aviation-related sales in the US, ensuring that all bids are high in quality and accuracy prior to submission within customer RFP timeframes
- Provide experience and expertise to ensure that Statements of Work are accurate and commercially / operationally viable and appropriate support and guidance is provided to the Projects Team during the Transition Phase enabling the successful onboarding of new business.
- Continuously challenge yourself to achieve greater levels of performance, customer satisfaction and delivery of sales targets.
- Identify and participate in relevant Aviation promotional events & conferences in the US and develop and maintain strong relationships with external aviation- based trade bodies.
- Leverage off the experience of industry contacts, staff providing service to ESP’s aviation customers and technical staff in other areas of ESP to propose innovation and progression in the technology used to deliver our services.
What are we looking for?
- At least 10 years’ experience in selling managed services (helpdesk , onsite support), Business Development, Account Management, Project and Service Delivery within airports, airlines and Aviation IT system providers.
- A strong understanding of the sales process within the aviation industry and experience of working as part of a bid team.
- Significant level of people management experience including coaching and day to day management of direct and indirect resources
- Demonstrable experience with negotiating long-term commercial contracts
- Excellent presentation/interpersonal / communications skills
- Complete understanding of the Airport Industry, the roles of the key players, integrators and deployed IT systems such as CUTE, CUSS, BRS, AODB, Bag drops and Biometrics
This role will be home based initially, with travel across the US and some international travel to be expected.
Please apply now to be considered. We will endeavour to get back to all applicants by phone/email.