Desktop Support Engineer (m/f/d) – Albstadt, Germany
Permanent / Full Time
7th December, 2023Back to all search results
The future is what we make it. Join our team and be part of a supportive and collaborative team with a can-do attitude, delivering world-class end-user support to our awesome customers.
You’ll be part of a European-wide delivery team supporting our customer who is a global advanced-technology company that manufactures aerospace and automotive products; residential, commercial, and industrial control systems; specialty chemicals and plastics; and security and engineered materials.
What will you do?:
- Respond to incidents and service requests from customers and manage them to a successful solution.
- Deliver hard and soft break-fix services for laptops and desktops all over the site.
- Provide standard and approved hardware and software support and maintenance on desktop devices.
- Support, management, and maintenance of desktop configuration and installation, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
- Check security profiles and antivirus software on all desktop devices and take appropriate action when security requirements are not met.
- This role will be working Monday to Friday in Albstadt from 09:00am to 05:30pm.
- Occasional travel from Hamburg to Bremen to support warehouse staff.
What will you bring to ESP?
- 2+ years’ experience providing IT Infrastructure field support which includes troubleshooting hardware, software, and operating system issues.
- Skilled in desk-side support and PC break/fix including basic administration of Windows O/S.
- Command of the German and English language. Languages are evaluated during the selection procedure.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good knowledge of and experience with Microsoft desktop software and operating systems
- Knowledge of wireless networking
- Understand network protocols, server hardware and configurations, or other IT qualifications.
If you are….
- Are proficient in local German and English language to B2 level.
- Motivated to develop your career in IT support, supported by a strong learning and development culture, you are passionate about delivering service excellence and like the variety of end user environments we should connect and explore.
What we will offer:
Personal & Professional Development
Within a learning and development culture, we offer unlimited access to a wealth of professional and personal training so that you may develop your career. We will guide all employees to both specific technologies and client environment training and complement with recommended learning journeys via our L&D system, that cater to helping you reach career goals or objectives — whether you want to become a knowledge expert in your field or apply your skills to another division.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are unconditionally inclusive in the way we work and celebrate individual uniqueness. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here.
- We offer a competitive range based upon suitability or experience and 25 days Holidays.
- ESP Learning
- Perkbox Discounts
Who are we:
ESP Global Services has been providing customized 24/7 Global IT support solutions since 1992, expertly managed by a dedicated service delivery team, we offer day-to-day support via teams of on-site engineers or responsive visiting engineers, and multi-lingual service desk coordination that manages over 1,000 tickets a day for more than 200 customers.
Our ability to deliver customer-centric, targeted, and tailored IT support solutions is a natural fit for the complex needs of the fast-paced and evolving aviation industry. We developed technology-based solutions to address the high emphasis on meeting extremely short service levels spread across large campus areas with strict security controls. Supporting equipment for airports and airlines in many locations worldwide has led to an IT support approach that applies equally to any global business with multiple international locations, wide campuses, and demanding security requirements. Plus, our spares, repairs, and logistics service enables us to deliver intelligent end-to-end IT hardware lifecycle management anywhere in the world.
We are a global community of exceptional people passionately working together with one shared vision. We uphold the highest standards of ethics, compliance, and security. We are fully ITIL-aligned and ISO-accredited for Environment, Information Security, Business Continuity, IT Service Management, and Occupational Health and Safety, and have privacy built by design into all our systems.
Our vision and ethos have stood the test of time and we aim to exceed expectations and delight customers every time and our values are integral to the way we work together.
ESP is an equal opportunity employer.