6th February, 2024Back to all search results
About the Job:
As the Desktop Support Technician in JFK Airport, you will be responsible for dealing with technical issues escalated from the helpdesk function and working with end user to troubleshoot hardware, software, and connectivity problems along with supporting the business on project-based requirements and IMACS.
What will you do?
- Carry out regular routine, corrective and preventative maintenance on the range of passenger processing equipment within the airport.
- Respond to basic customer incidents and service requests passed across by the Global Service Desk and resolve general user faults within agreed SLAs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic airline host and connectivity issues.
- Provide timely updates to the Global Service Desk so that progress against each individual incident can be updated as required.
- Escalate any issues relating to incident resolution, such as the need for support from a more experienced Engineer, in a timely manner to ensure that customer SLAs can still be met.
- Carry out regular “floor-walking” and pro-active line of sight checks to identify and resolve any issues before they are raised as incidents through the Global Service Desk.
- This role is working Monday – Sunday – 4 days on 3 days (12 hours) or 5 days on & 2 days off (8 hours) or 4 days (10 hours) off covering the hours of 06:00am – 18:00pm or 18:00pm – 06:00am
What will you bring to ESP?
- 1-3 years IT maintenance and support experience
- Comp IT A+ or equivalent certification
- Previous IT support and troubleshooting experience, including knowledge of Microsoft Desktop software (Windows 7/10, Office Suite) and operating systems, as well as a working knowledge of IT hardware.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and adapt to any new change or situation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Previous airport/airline experience preferred.
- Able to lift or push 20-60 pounds of equipment if need it.
- Able to stand or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Able to use mechanical tools.
If you are….
Motivated to develop your career in IT support, supported by a strong learning and development culture, you are passionate about delivering service excellence and like the variety of end user environments we should connect and explore.
What we will offer:
Personal & Professional Development
Within a learning and development culture, we offer unlimited access to a wealth of professional and personal training so that you may develop your career. We will guide all employees to both specific technologies and client environment training and compliment with recommended learning journeys via our L&D system, that cater to helping you reach career goals or objectives — whether you want to become a knowledge expert in your field or apply your skills to another division.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are unconditionally inclusive in the way we work and celebrate individual uniqueness. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here.
We offer a competitive range based upon suitability or experience.
- Shift allowance.
- Medical/Dental Insurance (including PPO)
- PTO time
- Perkbox discounts
- On-site Paid Parking
- Commuter Program
Who are we:
ESP Global Services has been providing customized 24/7 Global IT support solutions since 1992, expertly managed by a dedicated service delivery team, we offer day-to-day support via teams of on-site engineers or responsive visiting engineers, and multi-lingual service desk coordination that’s manages over 1,000 tickets a day for more than 200 customers.
Our ability to deliver customer-centric, targeted, and tailored IT support solutions is a natural fit for the complex needs of the fast-paced and evolving aviation industry. We developed technology-based solutions to address the high emphasis on meeting extremely short service levels spread across large campus areas with strict security controls. Supporting equipment for airports and airlines in many locations worldwide, has led to an IT support approach that applies equally to any global business with multiple international locations, wide campuses, and demanding security requirements. Plus, our spares, repairs, and logistics service enables us to deliver intelligent end-to-end IT hardware lifecycle management anywhere in the world.
We are global community of exceptional people passionately working together with one shared vision. We uphold the highest standards of ethics, compliance, and security. We are fully ITIL-aligned and ISO-accredited for Environment, Information Security, Business Continuity, IT Service Management, and Occupational Health and Safety, and have privacy built by design into all our systems.
Our vision and ethos have stood the test of time and we aim to exceed expectation and delight customers every time and our values are integral to the way we work together.
ESP Global Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.